Olivier Hanlan VS Tyler Ennis, Shockers Stand Alone, Posthumus Beasting
When you compete in the ACC, there is no shortage of worthy opponents.
#1-ranked Syracuse managed to go 25-0 before losing their first game; but it wasn’t to a nationally-ranked team, nor was it a team in the top half of the conference.
Instead, it was the 6-19 Boston College Eagles, who picked up their biggest victory of the year and left the Carrier Dome with only their seventh win of the season.
From a Canadian perspective, it was of course, this match up —>>> Tyler Ennis VS Olivier Hanlan.
@NorthPoleHoops coverage of Canadians in NCAA continues here.
Olivier Hanlan (Gatineau, QC) registered a game-high 2o points and 3 assists (6/14 FG, 4/9 3P) leading his Eagles to an overtime victory over Syracuse.
Tyler Ennis (Brampton, ON) – put in 14 points, 8 rebounds, 6 assists, 1 stl, 1 blk in a tough loss to BC, as the Cuse will now be tested on the road for a three game stretch, meeting #5-ranked Duke, Maryland and #14-ranked Virginia.
Wichita State Shockers, Last Team Undefeated
As a result of Syracuse’ loss, the Shockers are now the only NCAA D1 team in America without a loss. WSU defeated Loyola (IL) 88-74 moving to 28-0 on the season. Two Canadians are part of the magic once again, after
Chadrack Lufile (Burlington, ON) posted 8 points, 3 rebounds in 23 minutes off the bench, while Nick Wiggins (Vaughan, ON) added 6 points, 3 rebounds in 14 minutes.
- Chad Posthumus (Winnipeg, MB) – continues to his machine like approach, recording 17 points, 18 rebounds, 2 stls 6/10 FG OFF THE BENCH. What Posthumus is doing is remarkable, #2 in America in rebounding. Morehead State defeated Austin Peay 90-88 in double overtime, and own a respectable 19-9 record.
- Matthew Wright (Toronto, ON) – 22 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists (7/13 FG) . Wright is building himself a strong pro resume over his senior year, more than doubling his junior year scoring average, while improving in nearly every statistical category.
- Jahenns Manigat (Ottawa, ON) – 9 pts, 4 rebs, 5 asts, 1 stl in Creighton’s 85-70 win over Marquette.
- Khem Birch (Montreal, QC) 11 pts, 12 rebs, 1 blk in UNLV’s 68-56 loss to New Mexico.
- Dallin Bachynski (Calgary, AB) – 12 pts, 9 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk in 33 mins in Utah’s 67-63 loss to Arizona.