TORONTO, ON–My mind is swirling following the 2ND Annual NPH Platform. I don’t know what to start with. How about Justin Darlington [The World's best dunker] defying gravity and jumping OVER Chris Egi? Or maybe we should start with Marcus Ottey‘s play of the day with the 1-hand extension POSTER jam from the wing?
Marcus Ottey would be a great starting point. Currently NPH #9-Ranked Prospect in the Nation is RISING in every way, both in the National rankings and as you will see, in the air as you will see here…
The TOP Canadian talent was on full display as a packed house at Ryerson’s Coca Cola court had a 4-hour show that included the underclassmen (2015, 2016) and upperclassmen (2013, 2014) games.
Chris Egi, the #1 prospect in the class of 2015 took NPH Platform MVP but it wasn’t an easy decision. Other prospects that had consideration included Jalen Poyser, who put up a game-high 19 points in the win. Obi Okolie, Josiah Riley and Marcus Ottey were others that received consideration.
For the upperclassmen, senior combo guard Duane Notice once again proved his worth as he has done his ENTIRE career, earning MVP honours. There was a plethora of standout performances including Donnavan Hastings, Matthew Taylor, Marko Pirovic and Cassidy Ryan.
A lot was learned, as should be with the top level talent head-to-head.
Our colleagues Drew Ebanks and J Irving were on hand to catch all the action and have compiled a great underclassmen recap + dunk competition mix!
Coaches on both sides of the border (CIS, NCAA) have already started to inquire about the next generation of Canadian talent!
NPH Platform Statistics
- Duane Notice (MVP) 12 pts, 4 rebs, 7ast, 3 stl
- Marko Pirovic 15pts. 8reb, 1 ast, 2 stl
- Connor Gilmore 9pts, 4 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl
- Leanord Riley 10 pts, 4 reb, 2 stl
- Kedar Wright 13 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast, 1 stl
- Jalen Griffiths 13 pts, 5 reb, 1 stl
- Javon Masters 13 pts, 2 reb, 1 ast, 1 stl
- Donnovan Hastings 18 pts, 2 reb, 2 ast
- Trevon McNeil 16 pts, 1 reb, 2 ast
- Tyler Storie 9 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast, 3 blk
- Cassidy Ryan 19 pts, 2 ast, 1 stl
- Matthew Taylor 19 pts, 6 reb, 3 asts, 2 blk
- Troy Reid-Knight 7 pts, 1 reb, 4 ast
- MiKyle McIntosh 10 pts, 6 reb, 1 ast,
- Chris Egi (MVP) 12 pts, 10 reb, 4 blk
- Jalen Poyser 19 pts, 5 reb, 2 ast
- Obi Okolie 10 reb, 3reb
- Marcus Ottey 10 pts, 1 stl, 5 stl
- Keshon Montague 10 pts, 3 ast, 3 stl
- Josiah Riley 13 pts, 6 reb, 4 ast
- Brody Clarke 7 pts, 7 reb, 2 blk
- Nolan Norain 8 pts, 3 reb, 1 ast
- Devonte Campbell 8 pts, 4 pts
- Jamal Murray 6 pts, 6 reb