Team Canada [Development] had no issues against Latvia, cruising to a 82-40 victory, closing out the first leg of the Four Nations’ International Invitational Tournament. Canada is now 3-0, also with victories over China and USA.
Five Canadians hit double figures lead by Dwight Powell’s 13 points and eight rebounds. Murphy Burnatowski (12), Melvin Ejim (11), Brady Heslip (10), while Acadia’s Owen Klassen posted a double-double of 10 points and 10 rebounds.
The group will now travel to the city of Huaihua [China] to match up against the same teams, competing against USA on Wednesday, June 11.
Canada (82) [Courtesy: Net Scouts Basketball]
- Kevin Pangos, G (Gonzaga) 0 points, 3 rebounds, 1 assist
- Brady Heslip, G (Baylor) 10 points, 1 rebounds, 1 assist
- Kyle Wiltjer, F (Kentucky) DNP
- Melvin Ejim, G (Iowa State) 11 points, 8 rebounds
- Thomas Scrubb, F (Carleton) DNP
- Mangisto Arop, G (Indiana State) 5 points, 5 rebounds
- Laurent Rivard, G (Harvard) DNP
- Philip Scrubb, G (Carleton) 8 points, 1 rebound
- Dwight Powell, F (Stanford) 13 points, 8 rebounds
- Jordan Bachynski, C (Arizona State) 7 points, 1 rebound, 2 blocks
- Murphy Burnatowski, F (Colgate) 12 points, 3 rebounds
- Owen Klassen, F (Acadia) 10 points, 10 rebounds, 2 blocks, 1 assst
- Daniel Mullings, G (New Mexico State) DNP
- Grant Mullins, G (Columbia) 6 points, 3 rebounds
Canada (3-0) won the first group of games, followed by China (2-1), Latvia (1-2) and the USA (0-3)