TORONTO, ON–The National Basketball League of Canada tips-off its 2012 All-Star selection process today. The 2012 All-Star Weekend, brought to you by Rogers Communications Inc., will be held March 31-April 1 in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
“We’re excited to include our fans in the All-Star voting process,” said John Kennedy, NBL Canada Commissioner. “All-Star weekend is not only about showcasing the talent of the league, but celebrating our fans and partners who have supported us in our inaugural season.”
2012 NBL All-Stars will be chosen through a fan vote and fantasy draft. Beginning today, fans can cast their votes here daily for their top 20 players to participate in the inaugural All-Star weekend. Fan votes will be taken into consideration, with Head Coaches making the final decision. Players not currently on the list are still eligible to be selected, so fans can enter the name of a player not on the list to be considered.
This list is complied of each team’s top picks for All-Star contenders. Fan votes will be taken into consideration and the top 20 players, along with 10 alternates will be revealed in early March.
All seven NBL Canada Head Coaches will then choose a Captain for each team. Captains will be responsible for selecting their teams through a Fantasy draft, alternating their selections from the top 20 pool.
Each team will consist of ten players and include a minimum of 3 Canadians. To ensure there is representation from all markets, Captains will need to choose a minimum of 1 player from each team and a maximum of 3 players from their respective regular season teams.
NBL Canada All-Star Watch List (by team in alphabetical order):
- Taliek Brown, Halifax Rainmen
- Eric Crookshank, Halifax Rainmen
- Joey Haywood, Halifax Rainmen (Canadian)
- Justin Johnson, Halifax Rainmen
- Tyrone Levett, Halifax Rainmen
- Lawrence Wright, Halifax Rainmen
- DeAnthony Bowden, London Lightning
- Shawn Daniels, London Lightning
- Tim Ellis, London Lightning
- Gabe Freeman, London Lightning
- Michael King, London Lightning (Canadian)
- Eddie Smith, London Lightning
- Boubcar Coly, Moncton Miracles
- Trayvon Lathan, Moncton Miracles
- Nick Lother, Moncton Miracles (Canadian)
- Sylvania Watkins, Moncton Miracles
- Darrell Wonge, Moncton Miracles
- Paul Campbell, Oshawa Power (Canadian)
- Marcus Johnson, Oshawa Power
- Omari Johnson, Oshawa Power
- Morgan Lewis, Oshawa Power
- Brandon Robinson, Oshawa Power
- Tut Ruach, Oshawa Power (Canadian)
- Ralphy Holmes, Quebec Kebs
- James ‘Boo’ Jackson, Quebec Kebs
- Royce Parren, Quebec Kebs
- Aaron Spears, Quebec Kebs
- Rick Volcy, Quebec Kebs (Canadian)
- Anthony Anderson, Saint John Mill Rats
- Antonio Burks, Saint John Mill Rats
- Steve Deluca, Saint John Mill Rats
- Darren Duncan, Saint John Mill Rats
- Kevin Francis, Saint John Mill Rats (Canadian)
- Isaac Kuon, Saint John Mill Rats (Canadian)
- Julien Allen, Summerside Storm
- Chris Cayole, Summerside Storm (Canadian)
- Eric Gilchrese, Summerside Storm
- Stephen McDowell, Summerside Storm
- Al Stewart, Summerside Storm
- Mike Williams, Summerside Storm
2012 All-Star weekend will consist of two-days of exciting events from an All-Star breakfast, family activities, to a three-point shoot out, slam-dunk contest, legends game and of course the All-Star Game.
Tickets go on sale February 17 through Ticket Atlantic and start at $20 for a two-day pass. Minor Basketball, Senior and Military discounts are also available. For more information on All-Star Weekend, to vote for your All-Stars or to reserve your tickets visit www.NBLCanada.com