The CIS and Canada Basketball have announced the 2015 FISU Roster, that will represent Canadian University basketball at the Summer University Games in Gwangju, South Korea July 13-14.
It’s only the second time in the event’s 22-year history that Canada will carry of a roster of strictly CIS players (no Canadian NCAA players). In 2011, the all-CIS roster came home with a silver medal
“This tournament is a great opportunity for our CIS athletes to gain international experience and compete with top talent from around the world,” said University of Alberta bench boss Barnaby Craddock, who will guide the Canadian team in South Korea and was an assistant coach in 2011.
John Campbell (UofT) and Shawn Swords (Laurentian) will assists Craddock.
Team manager Charles Kissi from Brock University and athletic therapist Geoff Mabey from Canada Basketball round out the support staff.
This team will hold training camp at the University of Kansas and scimmage against the Jayhawks
TEAM CANADA ROSTER
Pos. Name HT University Hometown
- G Caleb Agada 6-4 Ottawa Burlington, Ont.
- C Mike Andrews 6-10 Bishop’s Oakville, Ont.
- G Johnny Berhanemeskel 6-1 Ottawa Ottawa, Ont.
- G Aaron Best 6-4 Ryerson Scarborough, Ont.
- F Mamadou Gueye 6-7 Alberta Quebec City, Que.
- G Jahmal Jones 6-0 Ryerson Mississauga, Ont.
- F Chris McLaughlin 6-9 Victoria Oakville, Ont.
- F Tommy Nixon 6-6 UBC Vancouver, B.C.
- G Jarred Ogungbemi-Jackson 5-9 Calgary Winnipeg, Man.
- G Adika Peter-McNeilly 6-3 Ryerson Toronto, Ont.
- F Josh Wolfram 6-8 Thompson Rivers Kamloops, B.C.
- G Connor Wood 6-4 Carleton Guelph, Ont.
Position Name Affiliation
- Head Coach Barnaby Craddock University of Alberta
- Assistant Coach John Campbell University of Toronto
- Assistant Coach Shawn Swords Laurentian University
- Team Manager Charles Kissi Brock University
- Athletic Therapist Geoff Mabey Canada Basketball