Reporting to the Director of Referees, the NPH Referee is responsible for officiating basketball games in a respectful, courteous, and professional manner, while providing a fun and safe environment for all participants. The NPH Referee will implement established Showcase League rules to the best of their abilities. Referees report directly to the Director of Referees and work in conjunction with the League Operations Manager as well as other NPH staff where necessary. Prior to beginning work, the NPH Referee must undergo and complete a training program. The NPH Referee is expected to follow and promote our philosophy of: 1. lead yourself, 2. support your team and 3. execute tasks.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for being on-site 15-30 minutes prior to the first scheduled game
- Officiate all games assigned by the Director of Referees
- Notify the Director of Referees of all shift changes
- Ensure games start and end on time
- Referee fair and consistent games to the best of your ability
- Maintain a positive attitude around participants and peers
- Complete appropriate incident/accident reports when necessary prior to leaving the facility and communicate any other relevant concerns to the League Operations Manager
- Ensures the safety of the players and coaches
- Provide truthful and detailed reports if asked by the Director of Referees
- Stay and officiate a friendly match in the event of a forfeit, as long as the minimum number of participants is present
- Inspect facilities to ensure safe game play
- Coordinate effectively with scorekeepers and game leads
- Keeps track of event times, starting and stopping play when necessary
- Coordinate with leadership to develop personal growth plan
- Wear NPH uniform
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Team player with great interpersonal skills and a passion for the sport of basketball
- Ability to operate calmly and effectively under stressful conditions.
- Reliable, punctual, hard work and motivated self-starter.
- Solution-based mindset