Reporting to NPH Marketing Manager, the Marketing Correspondent is responsible for managing the NPH Showcase Instagram account (@NPHShowcase). Will serve as a subject matter expert in all elements related to Canadian basketball.
The Marketing Correspondent is responsible for attending NPH events to provide live media & content deliverables (Player of the Game graphics, video recaps, etc). Media Correspondents work directly with the Marketing Manager in execution & rollout of campaigns.
The Marketing Correspondent is expected to follow and promote our philosophy of: 1. lead yourself, 2. support your team and 3. execute tasks.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate and post player of the game/final score graphics + video in-event
- Capture live media of events for Instagram stories/posts (video/photo game, crowd, staff, etc).
- Develop skills in Photoshop / graphic design working off of existing graphic templates (e.g. data entry, logos, text boards)
- Understand and maintain each brand’s identity across select channels and ensure marketing activities & promotions are clearly communicated across all relevant channels
- Grow the following & overall audience reach of select NPH social media accounts
- Engage & interact with similar/relevant accounts & hashtags in order to maximize reach and strengthen algorithm
- Report continued weekly growth of audience & key insights
- Participate in weekly marketing meetings, describing the department’s activities from the past week and the planned activities & goals for the upcoming week
- Analyze content performance through platform analytics, to constantly elevate engagement and growth through adjustments based on audience, AKA “Listen to the community / market”
- Work closely with other departments within the company, to learn about the organization’s operation and build relationships
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Marketing or related education is preferred
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop
- General understanding of basketball dynamics
- Mastery of the English language and strong copywriting skills are required
- Possess superior understanding of the target audience
- Good understanding of digital marketing
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and participating in multiple, complex projects across a number of brands simultaneously
- Team player with great interpersonal skills and a passion for the sport of basketball
- Available to work in-person as well as online, and to travel to various venues for event coverage as required
- Solution-based mindset