NPA Power Rankings – 3 Contenders Have Risen, Heading into New Year Challenge
After one session in the National Preparatory Association, the defending champs, Canada Topflight Academy, have sent a message to the entire league. They are back and stronger than they were in championship season.
Scoring leader Lual Akot is off to a stellar start as 25 plus point games have become a part of his regular output.
In the first session, in a highly anticipated game against GTA Prep, who has the nation’s number one prospect in the 2019 class, AJ Lawson; Akot went off for 35 points and picked up a new offer from Tulane that very day.
Saskatchewan’s Notre Dame holds a 10-0 record (7-0 in NPA) which is backing the claim made before the season by National Recruiting Analyst, Elias Sbiet.
This team is a true National contender. There has yet to be a defender that has been able to contain uncommitted 2018 wing Jashon Henry. His team has followed suit. This is a group of predatory hounds with sights set on the mountain top.
Central Tech is right up there with the best of them. They’re relentless and will chop at the bit all game until the opposition has had their share, lead by their ever evolving lead guard Raheim Sullivan.
There’s a lot of basketball to be played with second session right around the corner. We bring in the new year with the NPA’s second session in Toronto at Crestwood Prep from January 3-6. For now, here are the NPA Power Rankings after one session of play.
NPA Power Rankings
- Canada Topflight Academy (Ottawa, Ontario)
- Notre Dame Prep (Wilcox, Saskatchewan)
- Central Tech (Toronto, Ontario)
- GTA Prep (Mississauga, Ontario)
- Toronto Basketball Academy (Toronto, Ontario)
- Crestwood Prep (Toronto, Ontario)
- London Basketball Academy (London, Ontario)
- B. C Christian (Port Coquitlam, British Columbia)
- B. E. A. S. T (Hamilton, Ontario)
- Rothesay Netherwood School (Rothesay, New Brunswick)
- St. John’s-Kilmarnock School (Breslau, Ontario)
- Halifax Prep (Halifax, Prep)
- St-Laurent (St-Laurent, Quebec)