Hidden Gem Canadian Prospects Found in Simcoe County!
It doesn’t matter what city you’re from, what school or club you play for, color of skin or height. If you can ball, you can ball.
We at North Pole Hoops are firm believers of the above statement.
I just got back from Barrie, Ontario last night, at the Simcoe County Top 40 camp, where the NPH family learned about new Canadian prospects from a small region in Ontario.
“I think Simcoe County has a lot to offer, very hard working, diligent, and focused,” Camp director Imad Qahwash told NPH.
“They are determined to stand out as a region.”
Cameron Penner (2018) and Thomas Chilton (2019) earned MVP honors.
Penner is a big body with a strong motor and a developing skill set, much like Chilton, who is a lefty with a very high compete level.
This crop of kids brought the right attitude to camp, wanting to listen and work, and as a result took home a great deal of information.
I’ll be honest, the amount of young talent that I saw in the gym overwhelmed my expectations by the end of day three.
On day one, players took time to get acclimated with their teammates, but the group impressed by day three with intensity levels picking up, along with I.Q.
They started to “think the game” as opposed to playing with no substance.
Many new names will enter the NPH National database, from both the class of 2018 & 2019.
In addition, select prospects from Simcoe have been invited to the Toronto NPH Showcase, to test their ability among a stronger crop of talent.
Stay tuned for more on @NorthPoleHoops
Simcoe Top 40 Camp All-Stars
- Ryan Brunelle – Impressive point guard with a natural feel for the game.
- Ben Weisbrod – Took over games at times in camp, skilled guard, diligent and a hard worker
- Alberto Lopez-Pinter – Shot blocker with a will to compete.
- Tyrese Alexander – has some solid tools at the PG spot, brought consistency throughout weekend
- Michael Foster – Plays his role and plays it well. Made steady improvements throughout camp, and a strong producer on the rebounding end.